woensdag 21 juli 2010
nat en #3
Niet alleen NAT, we zijn ook van Tropical Cyclone Warning signal 1 zojuist gegaan naar signal 3. Blij dat Jaap niet, zoals eerder gepland, in Macau een radar een dak op staat te hijsen....
Precautionary Announcements with No. 3 Signal
1. You are advised not to delay in taking all precautions to protect your home or property. Make sure now that all loose objects are secure. Porch furniture, flower pots and other objects likely to be blown away should be taken indoors. Check again and make sure all windows and doors can be securely locked.
2. Storm water drains should be cleared of leaves and rubbish, this applies particularly to dwellers in low-lying areas.
3. Since seas are rough and there are swells , you are advised to stay away from the shoreline and not to engage in water sports.
4. People should avoid walking or working in areas exposed to gales and squalls. Drivers using highways and flyovers should be alert to violent gusts.
5. Engineers, architects and contractors are again reminded that all scaffoldings, hoardings and temporary buildings should be secured.
6. Small craft owners should now complete arrangements for the safety of their boats.
7. Fishing vessels not yet in typhoon shelters should seek shelter without delay. Check again that all deck fittings are firmly fastened. If available, heavy anchors should be prepared and used in addition to regular anchors.
8. Listen to radio, watch TV or browse the Hong Kong Observatory's web site for information on the tropical cyclone.